Payments in the Netherlands
PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA, December 7, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ —
WiseGuyReports published new report, titled “Payments in the Netherlands”
“Payments in the Netherlands 2017: What Consumers Want”, report examines the consumer payments market in the Netherlands, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. The report also examines the main regulatory players overseeing the market.
The Dutch payment cards market is mature, with a high penetration rate of 1.9 payment cards per inhabitant. The market is dominated by debit cards, as consumers perceive them to be more secure, cost-effective, and consumer-friendly. Pay-later card payments are not popular due to a cultural aversion towards debt. Dutch consumers are very comfortable using debit cards – accounting for 90% of the overall transaction value in 2017 – and online payment channels (especially local brand iDEAL, backed by wide acceptance and a convenient user experience). Growth in the payment cards market is supported by well-developed infrastructure, with one POS terminal per 34 individuals. Growth in the e-commerce market is attributed to high internet and smartphone penetration. In spite of a high level of consumer comfort with established payment instruments, recent developments in mobile proximity payments and contactless technology by the likes of ING, Rabobank, and ABN Amro will see these payment options gain traction among Dutch consumers.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
• Analyzes consumer attitudes to financial services by lifestage.
• Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
• Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
• Considers consumer attitudes towards P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in the Netherlands are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
• Explores the online payment market in the Netherlands by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
– Banks and other financial services institutions signed the Nadere Overeenkomst (Additional Agreement) in 2009 to introduce EMV chip-enabled debit card payment systems.
– In March 2015, Visa enabled users to make contactless payment using their credit cards through Vodafone SmartPass.
– In May 2017 the OV-chipkaart mobile app was launched by mobile network operators KPN and Vodafone Netherlands in partnership with OV public transport card provider TransLink. The companies began piloting the service in December 2015, allowing 200 commuters to add their OV card to their smartphones to pay for journeys. The app also allows users to make contactless payments.
Key points to buy
– Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in the Netherlands.
– Learn what trends drive consumer behavior at the macro level and plan your strategy accordingly.
– Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market.
– Discover consumer sentiments towards various payment tools in the Dutch market and use this knowledge to inform product design.
Table of Contents
Payments Infrastructure & Regulation
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
For accessing accurate and deep understanding and to gain latest insights and key developments in the area of your interest, we also have a list of conferences in which you will be interested in, for more information, cordially check
For updating knowledge or for thoroughly understanding various terminologies, we also have vast list of seminars for your reference, for more information cordially check
WiseGuy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
+1 646 845 9349 / +44 208 133 9349
email us here